FAQ's About Y Membership and Facility Operations
THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH US! WE HAVE BEEN BUSY!
In Pennsylvania, YMCA Facilities may remain open with limitations
Below are some of the common questions about how COVID-19 will impact your Y membership, facilities and programs this year. This information will be regularly updated, so make sure to check back periodically.
We have added a NEW BENEFIT to your membership – CYEDC Branch Reciprocity. this NEW BENEFIT will allow you to visit any CYEDC Branch (Lansdowne, Ridley, Springfield). To be eligible for this benefit, at least 51% of your Y-visits must be made to your home YMCA. Contact your home branch for more information.
Following the PA Governor’s plan, you can view all of our Health and Safety Plans on our COVID Resource Page. All YMCA plans follow the PA Department of Health, Chester County Health Department and the CDC guidance for operating safely.
We can assure you that everything we are doing will enable us to continue to deliver on our core mission, doing so to the fullest “normal” extent that is safely possible.
For the good of all, it is vital that everyone cooperate. Compliance is non-negotiable.
last updated: December 30, 2020
Am I required to wear a mask? (updated 8/12/2021)
UPDATED MASK/FACE COVERING REQUIREMENTS
Following the CDC & PA Health Department updates:
Wearing a mask/face covering is a personal choice and will not be discouraged. We ask that everyone consider the health & well-being of others while in the Y. Remember, cleanliness and personal awareness are here to stay. Please make sure to clean/wipe down your equipment both before and after each use.
All YMCA staff are required to wear masks while indoors regardless of vaccination status. There will be some exceptions based on health & safety concerns.
We will continue to STRONGLY RECOMMEND that children wear masks indoors.
We will continue to STRONGLY RECOMMEND mask usage for all adult members.
At the Springfield location, all members REQUIRED to wear a mask/face covering while walking in the hallways of the medical facility (primarily to and from the parking garage).
As circumstances continue to change, we will continue to evaluate and follow the CDC and local health department guidance as well as other preventative measures. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in keeping everyone healthy and safe.
Guests & Visiting other YMCAs? (UPDATED 7/5/2021)
Effective October 1, 2020 we will add a NEW BENEFIT to your membership – CYEDC Branch Reciprocity. this NEW BENEFIT will allow you to visit any CYEDC Branch (Lansdowne, Ridley, Springfield). To be eligible for this benefit, at least 51% of your Y-visits must be made to your home YMCA. Contact your home branch for more information.
Guests, visitors or YMCA Nationwide Membership privileges has restarted on Monday July 5. The following specific facility restrictions will be enforced:
- No guests, visitors or YMCA Nationwide Membership privileges will be allowed during the Open/Recreational Swim sessions at the Lansdowne or Ridley branches
- No guests, visitors or YMCA Nationwide Membership privileges will be allowed during the Open/Reservation Basketball sessions at the Ridley or Springfield branches.
- ONLY Community YMCA members may make reservations for basketball or tennis courts.
Will you encourage good hygiene practices?
We strongly encourage everyone to review and emphasize the importance of good hygiene everyday.
I have health issues, is coming to the Y a good idea?
We cannot offer an opinion on whether or not participating in YMCA programs is a good fit for you. That decision is up to you. We can assure you that, following the guidelines we have been provided, we are doing everything we can to provide the safest environment possible for everyone at the Y.
Will you continue to accept my insurance membership?
What about Silver Sneakers?
As of today we now offer Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit, Healthpartners, Active and Fit and Prime at all locations. Keystone First is coming soon.
You can upgrade your individual insurance membership to a family membership if you wish. Please ask us how.
How can I receive the most up-to-date information about the Y?
Will hand sanitizer be available and provided?
Additional hand sanitizer and gym wipes will be provided for you to use. We would also encourage you to carry you own personal hand sanitizer.
You are invited to donate hand sanitizer to the Y.
Will you continue to offer virtual classes?
Yes we will! We will continue to offer virtual classes and even start some in-person outdoor classes (weather permitting).
What is open & operating at the Y? (updated 5/28/2021)
- School Age Child Care for children learning virtually or in a hybrid learning modality will continue to operate.
- Fitness/Wellness Centers will be open for member use.
- To allow access to as many members as possible, we ask that you manage your workout time efficiently.Where possible, please keep your visit to one hour. We ask you to limit time on cardio equipment to 30 minutes.
- Members will be required to clean and sanitize the equipment they use including free weight plates and dumbells.
- We will begin Group EX classes at all branches – registration will be required for Spin, TRX and Aqua Fitness classes
- We will continue to offer virtual fitness classes
- Personal Training
- Competitive swim clinics
- We have added a NEW BENEFIT to your membership – CYEDC Branch Reciprocity. this NEW BENEFIT will allow you to visit any CYEDC Branch (Lansdowne, Ridley, Springfield). To be eligible for this benefit, at least 51% of your Y-visits must be made to your home YMCA. Contact your home branch for more information.
- Youth Programs, Swim lessons & private swim lessons – registration required
- The pools will be open at all branches.
- All branches are physically different, so please check with your HOME BRANCH about how to enter and exit the pool area.
- No reservations are required for pool use. We will strictly follow the posted pool schedules.
- Locker rooms for general member use with distancing restrictions. Showers will be available for use.
- Open & Reservation Basketball (Ridley & Springfield Branches)
- Tennis & Pickelball
- Indoor Track (Springfield)
- Water fountains will continue to be bottle-fill only.
- All interior doors that can be propped open will remain open.
- Sauna (Lansdowne branch)
- Steam & Sauna (Springfield Branch)
- Hot/Cold Plunge (Springfield Branch)
What you will continue to experience.
- Guests, visitors or YMCA Nationwide Membership privileges will return on Monday July 5, 2021.
- You will see staff wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) appropriate to their jobs to protect themselves and you. Members are required to follow the PA Guidelines for use of PPE important to your own safety.
- We have expanded our maintenance and cleaning staff, schedules and protocols to maximize sanitizing efforts throughout the building during our hours of operation, during the cleaning breaks when areas of our facilities are closed.
- We have increased hand-washing supplies and hand sanitizer stations and strongly encourage members to frequently and thoroughly wash and clean your hands.
Before you leave the house
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Wear a cloth face covering and bring filled water bottle. (ONLY bottle filling stations will be available)
What to expect when visiting our facility (updated 5/20/2021)
Enter through the main entrance.
UPDATED MASK/FACE COVERING REQUIREMENTS
When entering or leaving the Springfield Y, please wear a cloth mask/face covering in the medical facility hallways.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in keeping everyone healthy and safe.
What you will see at the Y (updated 5/20/2021)
- Staff conducting disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment regularly per CDC and local health guidelines.
- Amenities and certain areas in every facility temporarily not available.
- A slow and measured approach to rebuilding full & robust program offerings.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage physical distancing, hand washing and promote cleaning efforts.
Please review all of the information provided here. If you still have other questions not answered in our communications, contact Steve Smith (email@example.com) through email.