For Your Safety
Your membership card is non-transferable. Members sharing cards with others may have their membership terminated.
YMCA Policy prohibits sex offenders from accessing YMCA facilities. In order to ensure the safety of our children, we regularly compare our membership database to the National Registry of Convicted Sex Offenders and terminate the membership and/or access rights of anyone registered
Upon entering our facilities, any visitor 16 and older, will be required to present a valid government issued ID, which will be scanned into the system. This information is compared to the national database of registered sexual offenders. Once cleared, the individual may enter the facility.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- State Driver’s license/State Photo ID card
- Resident Alien ID card
- Military ID
- Passport ID card
- Mexican Consulate card
It is important to note that out system only exports the individual’s name, date of birth and photo for comparison against the national database. No additional visitor data from the driver’s license is gathered nor is the system connected to any other system such as the Department of Motor Vehicles.
|Youth:||birth-17 years old|
|Young Adult:||18-23 years old|
|Adult:||24-64 years old|
|Senior Citizen:||65+ years old|
|Senior Couple:||Two adults, at least one 65+ years old|
|Single Parent Family||One adult and dependent children up to 26 years old, living in the same household.|
|Family||Two adults, and dependent children up to 26 years old, living in the same household.|
Nationwide Y Membership
This member benefit has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
We want you to reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. That’s why your membership is accepted Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico. Be sure to bring a photo ID and sign a waiver at each new Y. There are a few simple rules to keep in mind:
- Nationwide Membership is valid for active, full facility YMCA members
- Each month, at least 51 percent of your visits must be made to your home YMCA (the local association that collects your membership dues.) Because of that, your membership must be placed on hold if you are going to be traveling for more than 28 days and visiting other Ys.
- In addition, college students will need to join a Y where their usage will be 50 percent or greater.
- Nationwide member visitors MUST show a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID as well as provide basic membership data
- Those under the age of 18 are not permitted in the facility without a parent
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership
- Guests/visitors are not permitted
- Child Watch and program participation is at the discretion of the facility you are visiting. Check with the Y for their policy.
- All Ys reserve the right to restrict or revoke these privileges
- Registered sex offenders are prohibited from participating
In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support.
Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military
- Service Headquarters
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Eligibility is for Title 10 personnel only
To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at www.MilitaryOneSource.com or 800.342.9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Visit your local Community YMCA branch and speak to our membership staff.
- Complete and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Services Headquarters approval letter) to your YMCA for verification.
Health Insurance Membership Coverage
The Y works with several insurance providers that offer discounts, reimbursements or even free memberships to support you on your health journey to a healthier you. Visit the Y for eligibility and registration information.
We currently work with the following insurance companies:
- Keystone First
- Tivity Health
- Silver & Fit
- Health Partners
- Ash Fitness
- Active & Fit
- Keystone VIP
- United Healthcare
Free 7th Grade Membership
Any 7th Grader can redeem this offer for a FREE YMCA Membership — good for one school year, accompanied by a YMCA membership application. Families can get in on the deal too! Your membership will be active through August 31 of your seventh grade school year. Click here for full details: Seventh Grade Free Membership
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Y experience. If your experience does not meet your expectations, please let us know immediately – we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
In our branches, children 12 and younger must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. Youth age 13-15 may utilize designated facility areas without a parent. All other program areas welcome members ages 16 and up.
When you join the Y, you pay for your membership with a monthly bank, credit or debit card draft. We charge your account on the same date each month. For more information on additional payment options, please speak with one of our membership staff.
Changes to Membership
Stop by one of our branches to complete an appropriate change form at least 15 days before your next bank draft date. Changes may include:
- Bank Account Information
- Bank Draft Date
- Household Income
- Adding / Removing Household Members
- Membership Hold