All volunteers (swimmers and parents) for the upcoming season please follow the steps below:
- Go to our website: http://www.cyedc.org
- Click “Volunteer” on the right side of your screen
- Scroll down to complete application (make sure to attach valid ID)
- This process has been updated since last season and must be done each season
- HR Director Jamie Mingis email@example.com can answer all questions on this issue
Thank you very much for taking the time to compete this process.
Become An Official
Are you bored between events at your child’s swim meet? Why not become an official! The advantages of officiating at a meet are:
- It makes the meet go by much faster since you are doing something instead of just sitting in the stands.
- You ensure quality officiating by becoming a part of the system.
- You get to know other parents, volunteers, and coaches and may make new friends as a result.
- It’s much less crowded on deck and a whole lot cooler.
- There’s no admission charge and you get a free heat sheet.
- Your child will think you are cool.
- See YMCA Swim Official’s Classes
It takes at least 26 people to conduct a meet correctly.
No certification needed for the following positions:
- Timers – 13 Timers for a 6 Lane Pool. 17 timers for an 8 lane pool.
- Scorers – 3 scorers needed.
- Announcer – 1
- Place Judge – 2
- Runner – 1 needed, works best with 2 if electronic timing is not used.
- Computer Console Operator – 1
- Timing Console Operator – 1
YMCA Official Certification required for the following positions:
- Stroke/Turn Judges – 4 judges needed
- Starter/Referee – 2 positions can be done by one person. (Also requires a league certification)
View the swimming rules for the various swimming categories.
|Vice President||Leo Mancusofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|ScoreBoard & Console||Colleen Barberemail@example.com|
|Meet Director (officials)||Anne Lehmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Team Rep||Debbie Stoneemail@example.com|
|Boys Team Rep||Keyshia Butlerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Snack Bar Girls||Marianne Coffmanemail@example.com|
|Snack Bar Girls Assist||Selina Finnfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Snack Bar Boys||Michael Cooleyemail@example.com|
|Team Photographer Girls||Meg Dierkesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Team Photographer Boys|
|Parents/Coach Liaison||Michael Murphyemail@example.com|
Browse the Lansdowne Parents Association Bylaws.