The Ridley Area YMCA Competitive Swim team is driven towards developing the best combination of competitive swimmers and people through the strengths of innovative coaching techniques and strategies, supportive parental involvement for youth and integration of the core values of the YMCA – Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Important Dates and YMCA Front Desk Hours
Team Member Birthdays
Latex Policy at the Ridley High School Pool
Newsletters & Current Programs
For all YMCA Invitational Meets, USA Meets, Time Trials, YMCA Districts, YMCA Nationals you will register your child via TeamUnify.
Registration Directions on TeamUnify (Google Chrome/Firefox recommended)
- Log Into TeamUnify
- Click on the Events Tab
- Click on the Edit Commitment Tab that you wish to enter
- Click on the Member you wish to enter
- Click on the Events you wish to enter
- Save Changes
Ways to Pay for Meets
YMCA Front Desk
Call the branch at 610.544.1080
Schedule payments, pay balances, manage your account, update or change billing information, view or print receipts.
YMCA Dual Meets
- Meet Schedule
- Swimmers at YMCA Dual Meets
- YMCA Dual Meet Order of Events
- Practice Info on Dual Meet Days – Level 3, 4, 5, 6, Sr. Group & Sr. Group Black
- Big Brother/Little Brother
- Big Sister/Little Sister
YMCA Invitational Meets
Time Trials, at Ridley High School
- October 11, 2019
- October 12, 2019 – Intra-Squad Meet
- October 18, 2019
- October 25, 2019 – 9 & Over Distance Session, at Brandywine YMCA, DE
- October 26, 2019 – 11 & Over Session, at Ridley High School
- October 26, 2019 – 10 & Under Session, at Brandywine YMCA, DE
Other Invitational Meets
- October 2019 – Malvern Prep School Meet – Boys Only
- Meet Info & Results
- November 2-3, 2019 – Dragon Fest Invitational, at Kennett Area YMCA
- November 11, 2018 – Turkey Trot, at Phoenixville Area YMCA
- December 14-16, 2018 – RAYS Winter Classic Meet – All Ages, at Ware Pool, Swarthmore College
- January 18-20, 2019 – Winterfest, at University of Maryland
- January 5, 2020 – Randy Keinard Invitational, at Reading YMCA
- Meet Info & Results
- February 11, 2020 – Viking Invitational, at Northley Middle School, Aston
- February 14, 2020 – Frost Fest – CHMSC/District Q Meet, at Ridley High School
- March 1, 2020 – UMLY Mini Meet – 10 & under, at Upper Main Line YMCA
- April 6, 2019 – LC Meet for Y National Qualifiers, at Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, NC
- April 13, 2019 – CYEDC MastersMania, at Ridley High School Pool
- May 18-19, 2019 – RAYS CUDA LC STAKES, at GCIT in Sewell, NJ
- July 5-7, 2019 – CAM EVANS Invitational, at Upper Main Line YMCA, Berwyn, PA
- July 16, 2019 – HACY Summer Fun Meet, at University of Princeton in Princeton, NJ
Adams Distance Championships – Girls & Boys
January 27, 2019
Adams Division Championships – Girls & Boys
February 9-10, 2019
Kennett Area YMCA
Charlie Hartley Memorial Silver Championship
This Championship is a time standard meet. The time standard is a range with the slowest time as the qualifying time and the faster time as the maximum allowed time. Mini (8 & Under) has no maximum time standard. Swimmers must have a best time within the time standard range for the event to qualify to swim this event in the Championship (with the exception of Bonus events noted below).
If a swimmer qualifies for at least one event, s/he may swim up to two additional bonus events in which s/he does not have a best time exceeding the maximum time standards. (i.e. For these bonus events, the swimmer does not have to meet or exceed the minimum time standard). Each swimmer is allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) events (including bonus events). Swimmers MUST swim in their own age group as defined by the Age as of December 1.
The Open Age Group is reserved for swimmers age 15 and over with the exception of the 500 yard freestyle. For this event a swimmer can compete at any age as long as they qualify within the time standard range.
February 23, 2019 – GCIT, Sewell, NJ
YMCA PA East District Championships
March 7-8, 2020 – GCIT, Sewell, NJ
- Meet Info & Results
- Qualifying Times
YMCA PA State Championships
March 20-22, 2020 – Penn State University
YMCA National Championship Meets
Short Course Nationals
March 30 – April 4, 2020
Greensboro Aquatic Center
Greensboro, North Carolina
Instructional Community YMCA Swim Clinic
Coaches will be offering instructional clinics. Each participant must be able to do the stroke offered on that day.
Community YMCA Developmental Clinic
An exciting introduction for a swimmer who would like to do swim team! Must be able to swim the length of the pool with rotary breathing. This is great for swimmers who ONLY compete in the summer.
Community YMCA Diving Clinic
Diving off Diving Boards at Ridley High School Pool.
Community YMCA Fall Warm-Up
Want to jump start your season? Come warm up with the Y and get a jump on your winter competition!
Swim Team Questions
NOTE: All home meets are held at the Ridley High School Pool.