Reopening the Y
THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH US! WE HAVE BEEN BUSY!
In Pennsylvania, YMCA Facilities may remain open with limitations
Please take a look at the FAQ about Y Membership and Facility Reopening page for more specific information about membership and facility usage.
Beginning in October 1 we will add a NEW BENEFIT to your membership – CYEDC Branch Reciprocity. this NEW BENEFIT will allow you to visit any CYEDC Branch (Lansdowne, Ridley, Springfield). To be eligible for this benefit, at least 51% of your Y-visits must be made to your home YMCA. Contact your home branch for more information.
We are taking a slow and deliberate approach to reopening. Changes will be constant. Some changes you may not agree with and may be an inconvenience. All of these efforts are being made to keep everyone safe so we can all get back to healthier living.
We can assure you that everything we are doing will enable us to continue to deliver on our core mission, doing so to the fullest “normal” extent that is safely possible.
For the good of all, it is vital that everyone cooperate. Compliance is non-negotiable.
Last updated 12/30/2020
- School Age Child Care for children learning virtually or in a hybrid learning modality will continue to operate.
- Fitness/Wellness Centers will be open for member use.
- To allow access to as many members as possible, we ask that you manage your workout time efficiently.Where possible, please keep your visit to one hour. We ask you to limit time on cardio equipment to 30 minutes.
- Members will be required to clean and sanitize the equipment they use including free weight plates and dumbells.
- We will begin Group EX classes at all branches - registration will be required for Spin, TRX and Aqua Fitness classes
- We will continue to offer virtual fitness classes
- Personal Training
- Competitive swim clinics
- We have added a NEW BENEFIT to your membership – CYEDC Branch Reciprocity. this NEW BENEFIT will allow you to visit any CYEDC Branch (Lansdowne, Ridley, Springfield). To be eligible for this benefit, at least 51% of your Y-visits must be made to your home YMCA. Contact your home branch for more information.
- Youth Programs, Swim lessons & private swim lessons - registration required
- The pools will be open at all branches.
- All branches are physically different, so please check with your HOME BRANCH about how to enter and exit the pool area.
- No reservations are required for pool use. We will strictly follow the posted pool schedules.
- Locker rooms for general member use with distancing restrictions. Showers will be available for use.
- Open & Reservation Basketball (Ridley & Springfield Branches)
- Tennis & Pickelball
- Indoor Track (Springfield)
- Water fountains will continue to be bottle-fill only.
- All interior doors that can be propped open will remain open.
- Sauna (Lansdowne branch)
- Steam & Sauna (Springfield Branch)
- Hot/Cold Plunge (Springfield Branch)
What you will continue to experience.
- Guests, visitors or YMCA Nationwide Membership privileges will return on Monday July 5, 2021.
- You will see staff wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) appropriate to their jobs to protect themselves and you. Members are required to follow the PA Guidelines for use of PPE important to your own safety.
- We have expanded our maintenance and cleaning staff, schedules and protocols to maximize sanitizing efforts throughout the building during our hours of operation, during the cleaning breaks when areas of our facilities are closed.
- We have increased hand-washing supplies and hand sanitizer stations and strongly encourage members to frequently and thoroughly wash and clean your hands.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Wear a cloth face covering and bring filled water bottle. (ONLY bottle filling stations will be available)
- Enter through the main entrance.
UPDATED MASK/FACE COVERING REQUIREMENTS
When entering or leaving the Springfield Y, please wear a cloth mask/face covering in the medical facility hallways.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in keeping everyone healthy and safe.
- Staff conducting disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment regularly per CDC and local health guidelines.
- Amenities and certain areas in every facility temporarily not available.
- A slow and measured approach to rebuilding full & robust program offerings.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage physical distancing, hand washing and promote cleaning efforts.
Please review all of the information provided here. If you still have other questions not answered in our communications, contact Steve Smith (email@example.com) through email.