Seniors who are interested in applying for these scholarships may pick-up an application from a guidance counselor or school administrator, download the application at www.cyedc.org, or stop by a Community YMCA branch:
Lansdowne YMCA - 2110 Garrett Road, Lansdowne, PA 19050
Ridley Area YMCA - 900 South Avenue, Secane, PA 19018
Springfield YMCA - 194 W. Sproul Rd, Springfield, PA 19064
(applicants must demonstrate the following):
• Good Academic Standing – submit a transcript indicating a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better.
• Good Character – a recommendation from a counselor, teacher, coach, or activity advisor indicating the applicant
demonstrates the YMCA’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility in his/her interactions with
• Positive YMCA Experience – a 250-300 word essay in which the applicant explains how the YMCA has positively
affected his/her life.
Recipients must use funds for continuing education purposes.
The deadline for application is May 5, 2021. Scholarship recipients will be announced May 26, 2021. Family members of full-time YMCA Staff, YMCA Board of Directors or YMCA Foundation Board of Trustees are not eligible.
PLEASE ENCLOSE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION
• A current transcript from your school indicating your most recent GPA.
• A recommendation from a counselor, teacher, coach, or other individual regarding your good character; recommendation should reference the YMCA’s four core values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
• A 250-300 word essay explaining how the YMCA has positively affected your life.