Class sizes have been limited to allow for physical distancing. All employees and participants will practice hand hygiene prior to the start of class, masks must be worn throughout the class, and children will not share materials/equipment.
Arts & Humanities
We celebrate diversity and the arts everywhere at the Y. Our arts and humanities program encourages personal expression and the freedom to create, and provides new experiences for kids. Youth can explore and express their creative talents in a healthy and supportive environment for building new skills. Classes help children develop confidence and increased self-awareness as they participate in problem solving, critical thinking and attention to detail.
Fine Arts & Youth Fitness
Enjoy a wide array of classes including Dance, Arts & Crafts, Tumbling, Music, Science, and Food Preparation and Creation. Classes start March 8th.
- Preschool Picasso – Ages 3.5 – 6 – Create your own masterpieces using a wide range of art materials. Develop fine motor skills, language, cognitive skills and listening and following directions in an enriching environment.
- Art Around the World – Ages 6-9 – Try famous artists’ techniques to explore various mediums and develop your inner artist.
- Soccer Skills and Drills – Ages 3 – 5 – Get ready to practice all the basic soccer skills with this class. Children will get to practice passing, shooting, and dribbling the ball with their feet.
- Sports Sampler – Ages 3 – 5 – Sample a variety of sports from soccer to hockey to basketball and other activities like relay races! Tons of fun with a variety of different activities!
- Little Ninjas – Ages 3 – 5 – Little ninjas allows children to feel engaged with our martial arts program by providing strong visuals cues to help them align with their achievements and goals.
- Ninjas – Ages 6- 9yrs – The ninjas karate curriculum is the ongoing review and development of life skills such as positive mental attitude, perseverance, self-control, and confidence.
1 on 1 Youth Training for our Wellness Center.
Children from ages 12 to 14 will be trained in a 30 minute class how to use the equipment in the wellness center.
Our Kid Zone page provides children with activities to do from home. We have stories, crafts, virtual tours, and experiments.