Class sizes have been limited to allow for physical distancing. All employees and participants will practice hand hygiene prior to the start of class, masks must be worn throughout the class, and children will not share materials/equipment.
Arts & Humanities
We celebrate diversity and the arts everywhere at the Y. Our arts and humanities program encourages personal expression and the freedom to create, and provides new experiences for kids. Youth can explore and express their creative talents in a healthy and supportive environment for building new skills. Classes help children develop confidence and increased self-awareness as they
participate in problem solving, critical thinking and attention to detail.
Here are just a few of the many classes available to you at the Y:
Fine Arts & Youth Fitness
Enjoy a wide array of classes including Dance, Arts & Crafts, Tumbling, Music, Science, and Food Preparation and Creation.
- Artist Studio – Try famous artists’ techniques to explore various mediums and
develop your inner artist. Saturday, 12:45 PM, 45m
- Preschool Picasso – Create your own masterpieces using a wide range of art materials.
Develop fine motor skills, language, cognitive skills and listening and following directions in an enriching environment. Saturday, 12:00 PM, 30m
- Discovery Science – Experiment with everyday household items, watch things erupt and explode while having fun! Thursday, 6:15 PM, 45m. Saturdays 11:00 AM, 45m
- Let’s Build – Use K’Nex, Legos and other blocks to create something new each week. Saturday, 10:00 AM, 45m
- Paul Cheng’s Martial Arts 6+ – Martial Arts instruction to focus on technique, discipline, determination and goal setting. Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 PM, 1 hour
For January we are offering the following Virtual Youth and Family classes:
- Movement and Motion
- Discovery Science
- Pre-School Picasso
1 on 1 Youth Training for our Wellness Center.
Children from ages 12 to 14 will be trained in a 30 minute class how to use the equipment in the wellness center.
Our Kid Zone page provides children with activities to do from home. We have stories, crafts, virtual tours, and experiments.