Class sizes have been limited to allow for physical distancing. All employees and participants will practice hand hygiene prior to the start of class, masks must be worn throughout the class, and children will not share materials/equipment.
Arts & Humanities
We celebrate diversity and the arts everywhere at the Y. Our arts and humanities program encourages personal expression and the freedom to create, and provides new experiences for kids. Youth can explore and express their creative talents in a healthy and supportive environment for building new skills. Classes help children develop confidence and increased self-awareness as they
participate in problem solving, critical thinking and attention to detail.
Here are just a few of the many classes available to you at the Y:
Beginning at 6 months, parent/caregiver can take many classes with their little ones to help them begin socializing and developing their motor skills.
- Music Wiggle & Giggle – Make music magic, grooving to the rhythm & beat using fun instruments. Thursday, 4:45 PM, 30m
Fine Arts & Youth Fitness
Enjoy a wide array of classes including Dance, Arts & Crafts, Tumbling, Music, Science, and Food Preparation and Creation.
- Artist Studio – Try famous artists’ techniques to explore various mediums and develop your inner artist. Thursday, 5:30 PM, 45m
- Preschool Picasso – Create your own masterpieces using a wide range of art materials. Develop fine motor skills, language, cognitive skills and listening and following directions in an enriching environment. Thursday, 4:00 PM, 30m
- Discovery Science– Experiment with everyday household items, watch things erupt and explode while having fun! Wednesday, 4:00 PM, 45m
- Let’s Build – Use K’Nex, Legos and other blocks to create something new each week. Saturday, 10:00 AM, 45m
Classes run from October 5 to November 1.
Our Kid Zone page provides children with activities to do from home. We have stories, crafts, virtual tours, and experiments.